The best beach (21 May 2003)
According to the tree-year research project in Britain’s Glamorgan University,Cirali became winner among the 60 beaches of Antalya.In the news of Times newspaper it was evaluated acording to twentyeight criteria which from sand color to rocks within the scope of Turkey,Malta and a total of 60 beaches in Wales.The study based on twentyeight criteria and what should be the most important elements of the interwiev was determined by under the respect of holidaymakers.Of those interwiews was noted with thousands of tourists who has been vacation in three countries.As a result of those interviews,professor Allan Williams,who headed the research Project and professor of environmetal sciences in Glamorgan University,said that how much his surprise about the improtance of founding an old castle or a lighthouse in a beach for most people.According to the newspaper,the color of the sea and fresh water were important for holidaymakers.
UN village award
Cirali is that,also known under the name of Olympus,a wonderland in Antalya.Cirali that compated with 700 participants from 110 countries with the project of Wildlife Society and were selected one of the world’s best 10 projects.The project includes both the aim of ‘’Tourism without pollution of nature,environment and history of the place.’’ and solving of problems which arising from conservation area of Cirali.Therefore,Wildlife Society was awarded with 30 thousand dolars cash and certificates by the United Nations.
Award-winning projects in the competition
1) Urban Infrastructure Program Sul Luanda (Angola)
2) Public Safety, Human Rights and Citizenship Education Programme (BRAZIL)
3) placement of the re-implementation of the City, Chengdu (China)
4) Democratization for Municipal Governance Equation and Sustainable democracy (Ecuador)
5) Low-Cost and Effective Health Care, Sulabh International Public Service Organization (India-TAN)
6) Spanish Greenway Program (SPAIN)
7) Hamilton-Wentworth Air Quality Initiative and Vision 2020 (CANADA)
8) Women's Empowerment Program (NEPAL)
9) Shambob Brick Producers Cooperative Union (SU-'DEN)
10) Coastal Management and Tourism in Turkey, Cirali Practice (TURKEY)
Besides,the application is added to the best application of data Habitat 2000.The lessons,which are derived from the application,was announced to the world by CD-ROM and media over the internet.